You are not logged in.

#1 19 Aug 2011 9:44 am

winsr
Extreme Member

TS3 3D Positional audio add-in for Battlefield Bad Company 2

So I now play BFBC2, quite a lot actually, we have a clan and all, since we are no longer doing stats work as that is actually covered by a lot more people now, I was thinking about the positional audio features of teamspeak 3, and the included client SDK to make add-ins.

I know mumble already has this for Battlefield 2, 2142, and BC2, but mumble is kind of a rough program and people likes better TS3.

I know other guys have done C++ add-ins for 3d positional audio for Arma 2 (can be found in the add-ins TS3 forum, with code and all), so a C#.net or vb.net variant should not be that much of a problem (guessing here), and there are even some battlefield requests, but of course, there is no one to do it.

I've tried mumble 3D positioning myself, and it really adds a new dimension to the game... but our team of 50+ players is already married with TS3 and won't let it go.

So any thought on how can it be done?

#2 26 Aug 2011 3:21 pm

MadHatter
Administrator
Website

Re: TS3 3D Positional audio add-in for Battlefield Bad Company 2

well, bfbc2 would have to provide support for in-game player positions, which I'm not sure they would (not an expert though), but any way to get at this data would probably be pretty suspect to pb.  if there were a way to get at it, I'm sure a .net version wouldn't be the way to go about it though.  I'll take a look at how they're doing it for bf2 and 2142 as I'm sure bfbc2 would be pretty similar (unless bfbc2 is just totally different).

#3 05 Sep 2011 8:17 am

winsr
Extreme Member

Re: TS3 3D Positional audio add-in for Battlefield Bad Company 2

well, mumble and all its code and add-ins are open source

http://sourceforge.net/projects/mumble/ … ble/1.2.3/

and they already have the 3d positioning code, and is not detected by PB as a hack, maybe its a lot easier to start over there.

© 2003 - 2024 NullFX
Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 License